Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Customized Search Engines

I created a customized search engine, but I only have one website on there right now. I can see how this would be good if I wanted students to practice searching techniques, I would know exactly what results choices they got with each search and would be able to guide them to just the sites that I like for each topic.

I think that it would take some time to search through sites to add to this if I wanted students to truly research on their own, but I never knew this feature existed and I will explore more about the google educator site for sure - I think it had more features that I would find useful.

Search engine details [Edit this search engine]
Genetics

Genetics searches 1 site: www.sciencedaily.com

Keywords: "human genetic variation"

No comments: