Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Thing 7: RPC thoughts

As I am going through the RPC, starting with the first step, "question" I already have a way to improve my disease report assignment for next year. Right now the report is simply about a disease - basically students pick a disease/disorder, and gather information that is relevant to what we have been learning about our bodies, and are required to talk about current scientific research public health applications.

Next year I will change the assignment so that an actual research QUESTION is the basis for the report. For example, not just "Lung cancer" but "How is the prevelance of lung cancer changing in our society". Something that requires application of gathered information, and not just regurgitation. I think they will learn more.

1 comment:

Karen said...

This is great! Your lung cancer example is great -- and can I quote, "Something that requires application of gathered information, and not just regurgitation. I think they will learn more." -- spot on!